Take action to promote the Campaign for Justice’s central goal of spreading awareness of the critical role that legal aid plays in strengthening the legal safety net and leveling the playing field for low-income Californians.
Justice Gap Fund
One sure way to increase access to justice statewide is to donate to the Justice Gap Fund. Your donations are distributed by the State Bar of California Legal Services Trust Fund Program to all qualified legal services providers throughout California.
Visit the cy pres page to learn more about how cy pres awards play an important role in supporting the Justice Gap Fund and the Campaign For Justice’s mission of addressing the access to justice crisis.
- Join the campaign, and then ask your friends to do the same.
- Like the Campaign for Justice on Facebook, tweet using #CAforJustice, and write about the importance of funding for legal aid in your blog or other online forum.
- Ask your local bar association to support the Campaign for Justice with a resolution.
- Publish an article about the Campaign for Justice in your newsletter.
- Write an article about your local legal aid office. We are happy to help you get it published.
- Attend a Campaign for Justice event (or sponsor one).
Your local legal aid office needs both your financial and pro bono support. If you already support your local legal aid, please continue to do so. If not, visit California Legal Aid Organizations to learn more about the legal aid programs in your community. You can also search for legal aid providers by county and substantive area at www.LawHelpCA.org. To learn about pro bono opportunities in your community, visit www.CaliforniaProBono.org where you can locate and connect with pro bono programs at legal services providers throughout California.